Adeoye Fadeyibi - Managing Director / Chief Executive Officer
Adeoye Fadeyibi has two decades of professional experience in the Power industry. He started his career at General Electric (GE) where he held different positions from 2000 to 2013. He served as a Gas Turbines Technical Advisor and rose to the position of a Sales Director for GE Energy covering the Middle East and African Regions.
He obtained his bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering in the year 2000 at the State University of New York, SUNY Buffalo, New York and the General Electric Power Systems University in Schenectady, New York where he completed his training in turbine power systems and applied knowledge obtained towards developing the African Turbines/Generator Field resources.
As his career advanced, Fadeyibi continued to serve in increasingly strategic roles. These included his membership in Nigeria’s team of leaders tasked with developing Nigeria’s partnership structure to address “overall power delivery solutions” deploying his formidable project management expertise to ensure power delivery deadlines were met between 2008 – 2010.
In 2013, he was appointed Managing Director/ Chief Executive Officer of Transcorp Power Limited (TPL), Ughelli, Delta State, a 1,000MW generation Company and one of the six-generation assets of the erstwhile Power Holding Company of Nigeria (PHCN). Under his direction and a testament to his assiduous work ethics, TPL grew from 160MW of available capacity at handover (1st November 2013) to 634MW (by December 2015).
After making his mark in the Generation section, Engr. Adeoye moved downstream along the Electricity Power Sector’s value chain into the Electricity Distribution sub-sector where he assumed office as the MD/CEO of Eko Electricity Distribution Company (EKEDC) on 1st January 2018, a position he still retains till this date.
Notable amongst the numerous records he continues setting in the industry are the Company’s highest revenue collection and lowest Aggregate, Technical, Commercial and Collection losses (ATC&C losses) since EKEDP’s inception (17% increase in collection/revenue all in the space of one year). Within the same period, resolution of customer complaints increased from 37% to 92%.
He has also provided a conducive work environment that has not only enhanced individual performance but also improved the Company’s productivity.
• Site Compensation Award and Power Award as recognition of outstanding project management at the Enelpower/Edipower Chivasso Italy turbine rebuilds.
• Region achievement Award for recognition of contribution to development of a $160 million US-SW Energy services business.
• Growth Trait Award for recognition of outstanding performance amongst field engineering peers.
Professional Bodies & Associations:
• Fellow, Nigerian Society of Engineers (FNSE)
• Fellow, Institute of Credit Administrators (FICA)
• Fellow, Nigerian Institute of Mechanical Engineers (to be conferred a fellow of the Institute by October, 2019)
• Member, Institute of Directors
• Member, Council for Registration of Engineers (COREN)